ABOUT US :
The College has well stocked library containing the latest Text Books & Journals . At the latest count 1633 textbooks encompassing all branches of dentistry and allied subjects are available in the college library. Also 45 National and International journals are subscribed by college library. Apart from this, each department has library of it’s own. The library also has a e-library and reprographic facilities. An another library i.e Central Library, S.C.B Medical College also available in the campus catering the need of students as well as faculty members of dentistry. Library is located in the 3rd floor of annex building of S.C.B Dental College & Hospital, Cuttack .
OUR MISSION :
To provide every information & service to every users
LIBRARY COMMITTEE MEMBERS :
|Sr. No||Name of the Members||Designation|
|1||Prof. J.K Dash||Principal & Chairman|
|2||Prof. P.K Sahoo||Member|
|3||Dr. H.Rath,Asso. Prof.||Member and I/C Library|
|4||Dr.A.K Barik ,Asso. Prof.||Member
LIBRARY COLLECTIONS :
Physical Resources :
|Books||Print Journals||Back Volume Journals||CD/DVD||P.G Thesis|
1. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
2. Atlas of the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic of North America
3. British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
4. Community Dentistry & Oral Epidemiology
5. Dental Clinic of North America
6. Dental Materials
7. Dental Traumatology
8. European Journal Of Paediatric Dentistry
10. International Endodontics Journal
11. International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
12. International Journal Of Pediatric Dentistry
13. Journal of American Dental Association
14. Journal of Conservative Dentistry
15. Journal of Dental Research
16. Journal of Esthetic & Restorative Dentistry
17. Journal of Indian Academy of Oral Medicine & Radiology
18. Journal of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry
19. Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society
20. Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology
21. Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
22. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine
23. Journal of Periodontal Research
24. Journal of Periodontology
25. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
26. Journal Of Prosthodontics : Implant,Esthetic And Reconstructive Dentistry
27. Molecular Oral Microbiology
28. National Journal of Maxillofacial Surgery
29. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic of North America
30. Oral Surgery,Oral Medicine ,Oral Pathology & Oral Radiology
31. Pediatric Dentistry
32. Periodontology 2000
33. Quintessence Internationals
34. The Journal of Indian Prosthodontic Society
35. International Journal of Prosthodontics
BACK VOLUME JOURNALS
1. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics 1996-2005
2. British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 1996-2006
3. Community Dentistry & Oral Epidemiology 2004-2013
4. Dental Traumatology 1995-2006
5. International Endodontic Journal 1995-2006
6. International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 1995-2007
7. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 1995-2006
8. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics 2005-2014
9. Journal of Esthetic & Restrative Dentistry 1997-2007
10. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine 1996-2006
11. Journal of Periodontal Research 1997-2007
12. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 1996-2006
13. Journal of Prosthodontics 2002-2011
14. Journal of Public Health Dentistry 1996-2005
15. Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology
& Endodontics 1995-2006
16. Oral Microbiology & Immunology 1996-2006
17. Periodontology 2000 2004-2013
18. The Angle Orthodontist 1996-2000
1. Community Dental Health
2. Community Dentistry & Oral Epidemiology
3. Dentomaxillofacial Radiology
4. European Journal of Orthodontics
5. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics
6. Journal of Clinical Paediatric Dentistry
7. Journal of Clinical Periodontology
8. Journal of Dental Research
9. Journal of Endodontics
10. Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
11. Journal of Public Health Dentistry
12. Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology & Oral Radiology
13. Paediatric Dentistry
14. Quintessence Internationals
15. Seminar in Orthodontics
16. Special Care in Dentistry
(Hyper Link will be provided for Questions) (Annexure-iii)
The library will be administered by the library committee. The library committee shall consist of following members.
A) Chairman – Principal
B) Members – Three from Teaching staff.
C) Member Secretary – Librarian
Function of the Library Committee
The Library committee constituted as above by the Principal will give guidance on the following matters.
a. To scrutinize & recommend for the purchase of the books, Journals and back volumes from the list suggested by the Departments.
b. To recommend procedure for purchase of book, Journals, back vol.etc.
c. To recommend the disposal of the damaged & old books those are not in use.
d. To consider any other matter concerned with the Library.
e. The library committee for the smooth management of the Library.
The meeting of the library committee shall be called by the Librarian in consultation with the Library I/c & Chairman, as and when necessary.
MEMBERSHIPS OF THE LIBRARY
a. The Teaching & Non Teaching Gazetted Staff of the College and Hospital.
b. Undergraduate & Postgraduate Students of this college.
c. Other persons to whom Principal may grant permission
Time : From 11.00 am to 6.00 pm. (All Govt. working days)
a) Issue Counter
Monday to Saturday : 11 am to 1: 00pm and 2.00 am to 5.45 pm.
from 11 am to 6.00 pm.
from 11 am to 6.00 pm.
ISSUING OF LIBRARY BOOKS & JOURANALS
Books will be issued to the Users for home study on the following basis
A. Faculty members – 2
B. U.G / P.G – 1
Members will present themselves personally for borrowing books from the Library
Delay in returning books
a. All the Books issued for home to students and teaching staff are returned to the Library within the specified period. A fine five (5) Rupees per day will be charged for the period of delay.
b. If books issued to the teaching staff members are not received within the specified period, the reminder for the returning or renewal of the books should be sent to them.
c. If in spite of the sending at least 2 reminders for return of books, if no action is taken by the teaching staff in the matter. The Librarian should inform the Chairman/Principal for further action.
Books of the following description shall not be issued
a. Reference books
b. Dictionaries, Encyclopaedia & Atlases
c. Single Book
Books will be issued to the students for reading hall facility against their own Library Card only.
Before leaving the counter the borrower of book should satisfy himself as to whether the book issued to him is in good condition. If a book is found defective in any respect. He should immediately bring the matter to the notice of the Librarian. If the book is found in damaged condition at the time of returning. The borrower and he will have to replace the book.
a. No Journals will be issued for home reading.
b. However, for the teaching staff it may be issued for reading in the Department for one day only and must be returned in the evening before leaving the college.
1. Before entering into the library the user has to sign in the entry register and shall not be allowed without Library card. Personal Books and personal belongings should be kept at the property counter.
2. The students and faculty members who are interested to avail library facilities should obtain library card from the Librarian.
3. The book will be issued to UG,PG and faculty members over night in daily basis . Persons desirous of keeping the books for longer time can be re-issued the book daily for the maximum period of 5 days.
4. In case, book is not returned on or before due date , overdue charges of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five only) will be charged per day.
5. Only One book will be issued to the students and the book having only one copy in the library will not be issued.
6. Journals / Periodicals shall be consulted inside the library premises and can not be issued out side the library .
7. Certain category of document, which needs special protection such as rare books, CD’s ,thesis etc can not be taken outside of the library.
8. Readers should observe strict silence inside the library
9. Smoking, spitting, loud conversation & similar objectionable activities are strictly prohibited in the library or library premises.
10. The librarian is empowered to see that the proper discipline and silence is maintained in the library and in the event of the violation the rules of the library the librarian is empowered to request the person concerned to leave the premise of the library immediately and report the name of person to the Chairman / Principal.
11. The librarian reserves the right to call back any book/journal from the borrower even before due date in case of necessity.
12. Uses of mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the library or library premises.
13. Loss or damage of the book will have to replace with new edition by the borrower.
14. Library card is non-transferable
15. The college office shall inform to the librarian in case of Transfers. Appointments, resignations, cancellation of admissions and leaving the college etc.
16. All members shall secure a “ No Dues Certificate ” from the library after clearing all the dues and surrendering their library card at the time of terminating their association with the College.